Thank you for identifying Hagley Catholic High School as your preferred choice for your child’s secondary education. Our mission is for all members of our community, called as God’s family, will strive to achieve their personal best, by living and learning in Christ.
We offer a comprehensive package to all pupils who are transitioning to us, designed to empower your child to take ownership of their move to secondary school, supported by our professional and experienced staff. The package has various elements to it, depending on the needs and location of each child.
AUTUMN TERM BEFORE TRANSITION
- Our annual Open Day, on a Saturday morning, provides the chance for families to visit the school to see it in action, meet pupils & staff and to ask any questions they may have about secondary education.
- The deadline for applying for a place at any secondary school in the country is 31 October 2020. Please note that applying to us involves two separate processes:
1 - An online application to the Local Authority in which you reside;
2 - Return of a paper Supplementary Application Form, together with a copy of your child's Baptismal Certificate or other evidence of Reception into the Catholic Church - returned directly to Mrs L Millard, Admissions Secretary, Hagley Catholic High School, Hagley, DY8 2XL.
The deadline for both of these processes to be completed and received by the respective recipient is 31 October. Applications received by either authority after 31 October will be treated as late.
- Pupils who are in schools that are part of the St Nicholas Owen Catholic Multi-Academy Company, or a named Feeder School, will be visited in their current school by Hagley Staff for an induction session.
SPRING TERM BEFORE TRANSITION
- Places are allocated by your Local Authority on 1 March. Parents should follow the instructions issued by their Local Authority.
- Pupils who have been allocated a place at Hagley Catholic High School will receive a letter in the post from us. Replies should be sent directly back to Mrs L Millard, Admissions Secretary, Hagley Catholic High School, Hagley, DY8 2XL.
- Pupils who are in schools that are part of the St Nicholas Owen Catholic Multi-Academy Company, or a named Feeder School, will be visited in their current school by Hagley Staff for a further induction session.
SUMMER TERM BEFORE TRANSITION
- Parents of our new intake will receive a comprehensive information pack in the post, containing key information pertaining to Intake Day, uniform ordering, transportation and other transition information.
- All new pupils will attend an Intake Day in July.
- All families will be invited to Intake Evening in June: an opportunity to meet key staff, order/collect uniform & discuss transportation arrangements.
- Pupils identified by their primary schools as in need of additional transitional arrangements, to cater to their needs, will be invited to up to three additional afternoons at Hagley Catholic High School, before the main Intake Day.
- Pupils who are joining us, but are not currently in a school that is part of the St Nicholas Owen Catholic Multi Academy Company, or a named Feeder School, will be invited to an additional transition afternoon, before the main Intake Day.
Policies and Key Information