Thank you for identifying Hagley Catholic High School as your preferred choice for your child's secondary education. Our mission is for all members of our community, called as God's family, will strive to achieve their personal best, by living and learning in Christ.
We offer a comprehensive transition package to all pupils who are transitioning to us, designed to empower your child to take ownership of their move to secondary school, supported by our professional and experienced staff. The package has various elements to it, depending on the needs and location of each child.
AUTUMN TERM BEFORE TRANSITION
Our Annual Open Morning provides the chance for families to visit the school to see it in action, meet students and staff and to ask any questions they may have about secondary education.
The deadline for applying for a place at any secondary school in the country is 31st October.
Please note that applying to us involves two separate processes:
1 - An online application to the Local Authority in which you reside;
2 - Return of a paper Supplementary Information Form (SIF), or completion of the online supplementary information form together with a copy of you child's Baptismal Certificate or other evidence of Reception into the Catholic Church, returned directly to Mrs S O'Brien, Admissions Officer, Hagley Catholic High School, Brake Lane, Hagley DY8 2XL or via firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find everything you need about admissions and to apply at our Admissions page: Hagley Catholic High School - Admissions
The deadline for both of these forms to be completed and received by the respective recipient is 31st October. Applications received after 31st October will be treated as late.
Pupils who are in schools that are part of the Emmaus Catholic Multi-Academy Company, or a named Feeder School, will be visited in their current school by Hagley Staff for an induction session.
SPRING TERM BEFORE TRANSITION
- Places are allocated by your Local Authority on 1st March. Parents should follow the instructions issued by their Local Authority.
- Pupils who have been allocated a place at Hagley Catholic High School will receive a Welcome Letter via email in early April.
- Pupils who are in schools that are part of the Emmaus Catholic Multi-Academy Company, or a named Feeder School, will be visited in their current school by Hagley Catholic High School Staff to support students to become 'secondary ready'.
- Hagley Catholic High School staff contact all primary schools where pupils are joining from to ensure we have all the information to support your child's transition.
SUMMER TERM BEFORE TRANSITION
- Parents and carers of our new intake will receive an information pack, containing key information relating to our Year 7 Induction Day, uniform ordering, transport and other transition information.
- All families will be invited to Intake Information Evening in July: an opportunity to meet key staff, order/collect uniform and discuss transportation arrangements.
- All new pupils will attend a Year 7 Induction Day in July.
- Pupils identified by their primary schools as in need of additional transitional arrangements, to cater to their needs, will be invited to up to three additional afternoons at Hagley Catholic High School, before the main Year 7 Induction Day.
- Pupils who are joining us but are not currently in a school that is part of the Emmaus Catholic Multi Academy Company, or a named Feeder School, will usually be invited to an additional transition afternoon, as well as the main Induction Day.
Policies and Key Information