What you can study at Hagley:
Hagley Catholic Sixth Form meets the requirements of the 16 to 19 Study Programme based on prior attainment and meeting clear educational and career aspirations.
Students are given the opportunity to follow a course that :-
- Provides progression to a level higher than that of their prior attainment
- Includes qualifications that are clearly linked to suitable progression opportunities in training, employment or higher levels of education
- Requires students to work towards GCSE 9-4 grade in Maths and English (or other qualifications that will act as a stepping stone for the achievement of these qualifications in time)
- Allows for meaningful work experience related to the vocational area of the Study Programme, which develops employability skills and/or creates potential employment options
- Includes other activities unrelated to qualifications that develop the skills, attitudes and confidence that support progression, including work experience
When starting the Sixth Form, Students complete an Individual Learning Agreement (ILA) and enrol on a Study Programme. The ILA states which A Level or Vocational Subjects Students will be studying. The ILA also includes a section regarding re-taking Maths or English if they have not achieved GCSE 9-4 grade, which weekly enrichment activity they will be taking and if they will be doing Work Experience. In addition, students have nonqualification activities such as work to develop personal or study skills or support in choosing options for employment and higher education. For those planning to move onto higher education or further training, work experience or other kinds of work-related education help students select the course and career path which best suits them.
Qualification hours are calculated over a two-year programme. Work Experience hours are an essential part of the qualification hours.
Hagley Catholic Sixth Form offers high academic standards and all the academic support students need from teachers to help to achieve or exceed target grades. We offer a caring and supportive environment with a strong Catholic identity.
For our full list of courses please view our prospectus.